4 red snappers, cleaned and scaled, about 6 oz. each.
2 tbsp. dry sherry
Salt and pepper
Wedges of lime, to garnish
Stir-fried shredded vegetables, to serve.
1 small red chili
1 garlic clove
1/2 tsp. finely grated lime rind
1 tbsp. lime juice
3 1/2 oz. white crabmeat, flaked
1. Rinse the fish and pat dry on paper towels. Season inside and out and place in a shallow dish. Spoon sherry over the fish and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, make the stuffing. Carefully halve, seed, and finely chop the chili. Place in a small bowl.
3. Peel and finely chop the garlic. Trim and finely chop the scallion. Add to the chili together with the grated lime rind, lime juice, and the flaked crabmeat.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste and combine.
5. Spoon some of the stuffing into the cavity of each fish.
6. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Arrange the fish in a steamer lined with baking parchment, or in a large strainer, and place over the boiling water on the cooker.
7. Cover and steam for 10 minutes. Turn the fish over and steam for a further 10 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through.
8. Drain the fish and transfer to serving plates.
9. Garnish with wedges of lime and strips of chili, and serve the fish on a bed of stir-fried vegetables